If you frequently have overnight guests in your home, but don’t have an extra guest bedroom, then a pull out sofa may be just what you need. These types of sofas are very popular, as they are both functional and very fashionable.
Pull out couches, or hide a beds, offer comfort both as extra seating when closed up, and as a bed when opened. And they can be a smart addition to your room’s decor, as they come in a seemingly unlimited variety of fabrics colors, patterns, and materials.
This type of sofa is one of the most popular space saving bedding options that we showcase here at hideabedsolutions.com. This particular type of furniture is a very popular solution for providing additional sleeping areas in the home other than the traditional bedroom.
Types of Hide a Bed Sofas
You can find a variety of styles and sizes of these beds, all designed to be easily transformed into a full sized bed when needed. These include:
In fact, these space saving beds are often used as primary bedding, especially by those in small studio apartments or shared living arrangements.
Benefits of a Pull Out Couch
There are many advantages to having a hide a bed couch available in your living space. Here are some of these:
- Provides added, comfortable seating when folded away
- Easy to pull out into a bed as needed
- Convenient for house guests of all types, so you have one less worry when preparing for a visit from parents, friends, children, or families.
- More comfortable than most portable roll away beds, and not on the floor like inflatable mattresses.
- Mattress is stored folded inside the closed couch, so it is ready immediately. Simple add bedding and pillows.
- Easy to fold away in the morning, and return to having the extra seating and living space during the day.
- They often use standard mattress dimensions, meaning you can use standard sizes of sheets and bedding.
Considerations When Selecting a Sofa Sleeper
Before making your selection, some of the things you’ll first want to consider are:
- How much room do you have available? – Not only do you need enough space for the closed sofa or chair, but you need to be able to clear away items and have enough clearance to open it up to the full bed length.
- How many people do you want to accommodate? – Think about whether this bed is primarily intended to sleep one or two people. Also, decide if these sleepers will be adults or children.
- How often will the couch be used as a bed? – Is this going to be your bed every night, or just used occasionally by a short-term visitor? The answer may help you decide on the mattress type and thickness. Some sofa beds come with a thinner mattress of perhaps only 4 inches. But for regular use, and to ensure that you can’t feel the bed’s supporting metal frame jabbing you from underneath, you may want to look for one with a mattress that is at least 6 inches thick.
Once you have answered each of these questions and know a bit more about what you want, then you can begin looking through the wide range of styles and designs available in these beds, and see which best suits your needs.
Visit a local furniture store or bed specialty store so you can not only see the sofa bed in person, but actually lay on it. Just as you wouldn’t buy a new mattress for your bed without trying it out first, you should try this out as well to ensure that you are getting something that you would be proud to offer to your guests.